Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Routine

Wash on Monday, 
Iron on Tuesday,
Mend on Wednesday, 
Churn on Thursday,
Clean on Friday, 
Bake on Saturday, 
Rest on Sunday.

If you're a Little House fan like me, then you probably know this is a quote from Ma in Little House in the Big Woods. She knew the importance of having a routine. There was time for every task that needed to be accomplished. Everyone knew what needed to be done, and when.

Though I am not a homemaker yet, I hope to be some day so it is good for me to put this  principle into practice right now. If I get it down now, it will be that much easier when the time comes for me to keep my own home. For young ladies like me (who are sometimes called "stay-at-home daughters"), it is important to have structure and routine in our days. That is not to say you can never be spontaneous or take a break from the routine, but it isn't good to live like that every day.

What might a routine for a stay-at-home daughter look like? Well, here's what I would like mine to be (I haven't developed a good, productive routine for myself yet, so don't be discouraged if you don't either! It takes work).

Wake up
Read Bible
Pray
Shower/Dress
Clean room
Household chores
Read
Morning walk
Lunch
Read
Free time
Practice something (sewing, crocheting, writing, etc)
Supper
Family time
Evening walk
Pray
Go to bed

This is just an example, I might not be able to get every one of these things done on any given day, and some of the things may take place in a different order. But this is basically the routine I want to establish. Right now I am done with school, and when I begin taking classes at the community college next fall, my routine will include studying and classes.

So what's your routine? Do you schedule your time, or do you just go from day to day without any set routine?



No comments:

Post a Comment